For many, playing in the NFL is quite the exciting accomplishment. For former Boston College tight end and Massachusetts native Jake Burt, playing for the New England Patriots is a “dream come true.”

Burt played five seasons for Boston College, appearing in 38 games. He served the role of blocker for the Eagles, and tallied 15 catches for 212 yards and one touchdown in his final season in Chestnut Hill.

He, who grew up in Lynnfield, Mass, joins a tight end position that is stacked with potential. Devin Asiasi, Dalton Keene, Ryan Izzo, and Paul Butler are all currently on the roster right now. It could come down to Butler and Burt for the final tight end spot on the roster.

Right now, Burt is just making the most of his time with the Patriots.

“It’s obviously been a dream come true,” Burt said after Thursday’s practice. “Every day I walk into this building, I’m extremely grateful to the Patriots and this entire organization. I couldn’t be more happy every single day I’m here. There’s no other place I’d rather be. Growing up a fan here and a fan of all Boston sports, it’s really a dream come true, and I’m appreciating every moment I have.”

It would be quite a story for a local kid to make the Patriots roster. His local ties are just one of the many storylines fans can keep an eye on over the course of the next couple of weeks.